Sunday, September 16, 2012

Simple steps to get what you want?

Step #1: Think of what would make you happy.

Step #2: Find a goal.

Step #3: Make a plan.

Step #4: Find someone to help with plan.

Step #5: Work like hell!

Step #6: Achievement!


That's what it takes to get what you want. At least for me. 
The registration date has come and I registered for THE Boston Marathon 2013! Still have to wait for my time to get finalized, but I did it. I ran. I ran fast and I registered. I really want that Boston Finisher Jacket!

I have some friends that registered on Friday also and their name is already on the "Current Entry List". I have to wait because my qualifying race was not on the drop down box or chipped timed. I'm not worried. If I get in then I get in. If not then I will run fast again. I promise. 

I still can't believe that I actually got this. This year has been amazing. I have improved so much in my swim and running. My bike has stayed the same but I'm working on it.  This year was focused on the swim. Next year there will be improvements on the bike. I have a plan. 

With my final triathlon of the year last weekend, now my marathon season begins. I have seven months till Boston. April 15th, 2013. I want to get a PR there too. Now that would be cool! I'm going to be starting CrossFit again soon. I can feel some muscles being a little soft and I really want to get that first muscle-up! 

Next up, Bellingham Bay Marathon in two weeks. I did a long run of 21 miles yesterday and I still feel great. I'm hoping to get under four hours since I have only been in full marathon training mode for only a few weeks. Depends on how much I want it. And, how much I am willing to take the pain. At least I have a goal. What is yours?

**Lake Stevens 70.3 Ironman report and a report of my overall triathlon season coming soon. :) And, I need to work on updating blog. **

No comments:

Post a Comment