Friday, July 13, 2012

Two more days!!

Mind Over Matter
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/health/mind-over-matter-wellington/index.html

Just read this article. Couldn't have come at a better time! Wise words from 4 time Kona Champ!

I've had a busy week. Mega taper and mega work stress. Coming back from vacation week and nothing has changed. Same doctor, same bull, same unknown future for the office. Well, I'm not going to stick around waiting to see what the hell he wants to do. He really has no idea and it is getting old. Nine years old for me!
I have other things that I need to put my energy into, like my marriage and family and keeping healthy. Keeping the faith that the prospect will work out.

Taper week is always hard for me no matter what else in my life is going on. I guess I'm going through all the classic signs of pre-race "Taper Madness"!

I tried to run two miles yesterday before OW swim. OMG, I was thinking, how am I to run 13.1 miles after biking 56 miles if I can barely do two! Hey, I did it last year. Piece of cake. Then swim practice in the lake. OMG, how am I going to swim 1.2 miles if I can barely do a little workout!! That's ok. I did it last year, I keep telling myself. I have to stay positive. Smile!!!

By the way. Starbucks is giving away free their new Refreshers beverage. Hmmmmmm?

Athlete check in at at 2:00 today. I'll meet Sharon there and give each other positive energy. I can't wait to get my new shirt!

Mirinda Carfrae is going be at Endurance Sports NW from 4-6pm today. Still not sure if I will go. I did find my Triathlete Mag with her on the cover for her to sign. She's going to do a Q&A also. She may also be racing on Sunday! How cool would that be!

Track me!! My race number is 531 and my swim start is at 6:56 with light purple swim cap.




No comments:

Post a Comment